Wednesday, August 18, 2010

boymom T-Shirt - The Cartoon Lovin' Mom - 8/31

I rarely enter contests for apparel because a) I am picky b) I am really picky and c) it just isn't going to fit. However, when I saw the phrase "boymom", I knew I had to check it out. I have three boys. The other day a long lost friend wrote me a catch up email. He said "I can't believe you have kids!" I responded by emailing him saying "I don't have kids. I have boys."

Boys are COMPLETELY different than girls. I am an only child so I didn't have the "brother" thing going on. However, since I am married to a boy (a man) and have three boys. There have been things that have shocked me. My son could make car noises before he could speak. Football is not something that occurs just on Sundays. It occurs when either one of my sons takes a toy and RUNS. The thief looks like a running back and the "victim" (the one who lost his toy) looks like the defense trying to take him down. Sometimes the thief "scores" and gets away with the item and sometimes he is tackled and mom has to referee.

Boys (and men for that matter) can be completely oblivious about things that are definitely not oblivious. For example, one of my four year old's friends is undergoing chemotherapy and has lost her long hair. Since we had a play date scheduled, I had been mulling it over in my head how I would respond when he asked her about her hair during the play date. However, he said nothing when she came in. Then I figured, he would mention it she left. Nope. Finally I asked "Honey, did you notice anything about "Sara"?" He said no. Really, the kid didn't know the difference. I thought to myself, how can this be? But, he is a boy...and boys are just different.

So I entered The Cartoon Lovin' Mom's contest for a free boymom shirt--you can enter...but only if you have boys (that isn't in the rules-I made that up) but it just seems fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment